Acupuncture is an ancient technique using fine needles to manipulate the energetic meridians within the body, to restore balance and alleviate symptoms.
Chinese medical theory is based on Taoist philosophy, in which patterns of nature are observed to gain understanding of human energetics, and mind-body-spirit relationships. Treatment is determined using thorough patient history and symptom analysis, along with pulse diagnosis and observation.
Acupuncture has been shown to have an effect on circulation and blood pressure, stimulation of the immune and hormonal systems, as well as to relax muscle tissue and encourage the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response.
Clients report that treatment is both relaxing and invigorating, with immediate relief often experienced for symptoms of acute conditions, whilst more chronic/long term conditions may require a series of treatments for lasting results.
Acupuncture can help to relieve a range of conditions including:
- Musculoskeletal problems, injuries and pain conditions
- Gynaecological conditions such as PCOS and endometriosis
- Menstrual irregularities and symptoms of menopause
- Natural fertility and IVF support, pregnancy care, birth preparation and post-natal support
- Digestive disorders such as reflux, constipation and diarrhoea
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety
- Dermatological and immune conditions and more…
Our acupuncturists have extensive clinical experience and are dedicated to providing high quality care, tailored to your individual needs.
Nadia practices both Traditional Chinese Acupuncture and 5 Element acupuncture. She is also a qualified massage therapist and can apply techniques of massage, cupping or ear candling into treatments.
We would be happy to talk with you to determine if acupuncture is suitable for your condition, so please give us a call.
> To book an appointment with Nadia click here.